Hampshire Treasures

Volume 10 ( Fareham)

Page 22 - Fareham

Previous page (Volume 10, Page 21) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 21) Next page (Volume 10, Page 23) Next page (Volume 10, Page 23)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Building
C.17
Nos. 21 and 23. A three-bay, two-storey house, which was divided and extended to form two properties. Timber-framed with wattle and daub infilling. The front is now rendered, with cornice and blocking course, clay tiled roof with brick chimney. Shop fronts to ground floor.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 581 062
0702 138
Public House
C.18/19
The Crown. Red brick incorporating grey headers, and re-tiled roof. Two storeys; three-window facade, sash windows in moulded boxed frames. Doorway has pilasters and projecting cornice, rectangular fanlight above panelled door.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 581 062
0702 137
Church
C.19
United Reformed Church. Built in 1835 in Gothic style, white brick with pedimented gable end to street. Central traceried window and door with dripstone moulding.     T&C P Act
SU 579 061
0702 136
Building
C.19
No. 66 and Portland Chambers and Trustee Savings Bank. One building erected in 1834 as the International Hall. Faced with Roman cement and flanked by pilasters of which the ground floor portions are rusticated. Two storeys and eight-window bays. The ground floor projects slightly and has plain pilasters flanking the windows, round arched rusticated doorway in the centre. Above the doorway the windows are flanked by fluted engaged Ionic columns.     T&CP Act
SU 579 061
0702 63
Building
C.18/19
Westbury Manor. The original centre three-bay part is of grey headers with red brick quoins and window dressings, two storeys, sash windows, doorway set in moulded architrave with flat hood. Early C.19 flanking additions are in red brick, one bay to the west and two bays to the east, old tiled roof.     T&CP Act
SU 578 062
0702 64
Memorial
C.20
Street boundary of Holy Trinity churchyard. memorial for both World Wars; consists of tall slender white stone cross set on stepped plinth, within a semi-circular low stone wall, set with engraved metal plates.     T&C P Act
SU 575 062
0702 135
Church
C.19
Holy Trinity. Built by the Rev. Sir Henry Thompson in 1834-5. The tower and octagonal stone spire added later. White brick with angle buttresses and battlemented parapet, slate roof. Tall Gothic arched windows with tracery. Two-bay chancel added in 1915. Northern two-storey porch. Interior has tall slender arcade in Perpendicular style.     T&CP Act
SU 575 061
0702 65
Previous page (Volume 10, Page 21) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 21) Next page (Volume 10, Page 23) Next page (Volume 10, Page 23)