Hampshire Treasures

Volume 10 ( Fareham)

Page 77 - Titchfield

Previous page (Volume 10, Page 76) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 76) Next page (Volume 10, Page 78) Next page (Volume 10, Page 78)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Shops (2)
Nos. 32 and 34. No. 32 has a double fronted shop front,walls are painted brick. Old shop fronts with delicate cast-iron supports. No. 34 has stucco finish and shop window, passage way through to rear has some timber framing visible.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 540 058
0707 107
Houses (2)
Nos. 36 and 38. This is a timber-framed building to the rear of No. 34 and approached through the passageway. Substantial timber-framing with brick infill, two storeys, old tiled roof, late C.18/19 casement windows.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 540 058
0707 110
Church
Congregational Church. The front elevation is of rendered brickwork. Large main window and entrance combined, Portland stone coping. Small timber canopy over doors, tiled steps leading to doorway. Tiled roof.     CA
SU 539 058
0707 103
Public House
C.18
The Bugle. Three storeys, painted brick facade, tiled roof. Two diagonal-sided bow windows rise through three storeys, with tile hanging between the storeys. Between these windows are sash windows on upper floors, and ground floor doorway with semi-circular canopy supported by two Doric columns. Three semi-circular steps to entrance. To the far right of front elevation is an oriel window to the bar, with Victorian stained glass. Canopy over supported by decorative wrought iron straps.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 540 058
0707 111
Outbuilding
The Bugle. Behind the hotel is a timber-framed building with red brick infilling, substantial square panel framing with braces, old tiled roof.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 540 058
0707 112
Building
No. 46. C.19 exterior, two storeys, brick, rendered with quoins. First floor has sash window to ground floor. Slate roof with tile ridge.     CA
SU 540 057
0707 113
Mill Lane
Mill and Millhouse
C.19
Titchfield Mill and Millhouse. Dated 1830 on an iron plate above the wheel. The five-storey red brick mill building has a slate double mansard roof. Canopy projects over the yard. Two iron water wheels by Armfield outside the mill powered by the River Meon. Milling ceased in the 1950's. The adjoining millhouse is of three storeys also red brick, with hipped slate roof. Two bay windows added to ground floor. Ref: Water and Wind Mills in Hampshire and IOW (SUIAG) p.51.     T&C P Act
SU 542 062
0707 07
Previous page (Volume 10, Page 76) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 76) Next page (Volume 10, Page 78) Next page (Volume 10, Page 78)