Hampshire Treasures

Volume 10 ( Fareham)

Page 98 - Warsash

Previous page (Volume 10, Page 97) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 97) Next page (Volume 10, Page 99) Next page (Volume 10, Page 99)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Cottages
C.19
Nos. 1-4, Hook Cottages. A terrace of four two-storey cottages, built in red brick, using grey headers. Hipped slate roof with very large chimney stacks, a central group of four with flanking groups of two, all diagonally placed. Windows have lozenged glazing, those flanking the centre two are set in deep recesses under gables. Ribbed doors with flat hoods on brackets. Built in 1846. Ref: A Short History of Warsash (Light) p.31.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 509 053
0708 54
House and former Smithy
Blacksmith's House and The Old Smithy, formerly the forge. The Blacksmith's House is early C.19, two storeys built in grey headers with red brick dressings. The hipped slate roof has a large central chimney stack. Windows are early C.19 casements with glazing bars. Central trellised porch. The Old Smithy is a single storey building in red brick with grey headers. Slate roof with two chimneys from the twin forges. Four shuttered windows with small panes, two doors.     T&CP Act
CA
SU 509 503
0708 151
Cottages
Nos. 1 and 2, Weliside Cottages. A semi-detached pair of two-storey cottages. White rendered walls and hipped tiled roof with three chimney stacks. Doors grouped together in the centre of the building flanked by casement windows. Single storey outshots with hipped roofs at either side of building.     CA
SU 510 053
0708 152
Hook Park Road
House
C.18
Old Dormy House. One of a group of ancillary buildings of Hook Park (which was burnt down in 1903). A two-storey red brick building with hipped slate roof. Three central window bays are advanced with pediment above. Sash windows porch with Doric columns and pediment, round-headed door with fanlight. Flanking ten ft. brick walls are carried forward from each end of the house and terminate in a square pier.     T&CP Act
SU 495 049
0708 04
House
C.19
Little Hook. Originally built as the laundry for Hook Estate, also known as the Pink House or Pink Cottage. Built of brick with old tiled roof with dormer windows. Ornate chimney stacks. Windows with lozenged glazing. Modern alterations. Ref: A Short History of Warsash (Light) p.29.     SU 501 050
0708 55
Cottage
Post Box Cottage. A one and a half-storey timber-framed thatched cottage. Substantial timber framing is exposed at the east end, infilling is of red brick and grey headers. Main fa‡ade is refaced with red brick. One dormer window in roof; casement windows with lozenge glazing.     T&CP Act
SU 503 053
0708 12
Previous page (Volume 10, Page 97) Previous page (Volume 10, Page 97) Next page (Volume 10, Page 99) Next page (Volume 10, Page 99)