Hampshire Treasures

Volume 13 ( Eastleigh)

Page 12 - Botley

Previous page (Volume 13, Page 11) Previous page (Volume 13, Page 11) Next page (Volume 13, Page 13) Next page (Volume 13, Page 13)

Description and DateRemarksProtectionGrid Ref. and
Punchcard No.
Granary
C.19
Manor Farm. Square timber-framed granary, resting on nine staddle stones, half-hipped red tile roof, lap-boarded walls.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 510 119
2605 51
Shed
C.18
Manor Farm. Four-bay shed, with timber-frame resting on low brick wall, boarded walling and corrugated iron roof.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 510 119
2605 52
Barn
C.18
Manor Farm. Rectangular brick barn with doorways in the centre of each long side, tiled roof with gables over the doorways.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 510 119
2605 53
Barn
C.16
Manor Farm. A five-bay timber-framed structure, with an aisle on the south side, elm-boarded walls and corrugated iron roof.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 510 119
2605 54
Store
C.19
Manor Farm. Single storey and loft, brick walled building with timber framing exposed in upper gables. Half hipped red tile roof, gabled roof to loft access. Two windows either side of coupled doors on ground floor.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 510 119
2605 55
Shed
C.19
Manor Farm. Small timber-framed shed, corrugated iron roof.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 510 119
2605 56
Mill Hill
House
C.18
The Mill House. Two storey brick building, the front wall in blue headers with rubbed red flat arches, red tile hipped roof. Sash windows, wide central doorway with pediment on coupled pilasters, oval arch surmounting fanlight, panelled door. Early C.19 extension to rear has low pitched slate roof and porch with oval arches to doorway.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 514 130
2605 03
Mill
C.18
Botley Flour Mill. Built circa 1770, still in use. The front of the building is of two storeys with attic, and projecting centre part of three storeys, red brick with blue headers. Red tile roof with a series of hipped dormers, parapet with decorative brick band. Wide carriage arch to east, entrance in arch under central unit. At the rear the water reaches first floor level. Interior has heavy timber frame and contains much old equipment. To the south an extension built in 1922 is attached.     P(LB&CA) Act
CA
SU 515 130
2605 02
Previous page (Volume 13, Page 11) Previous page (Volume 13, Page 11) Next page (Volume 13, Page 13) Next page (Volume 13, Page 13)