Hampshire Treasures

Volume 13 ( Eastleigh)

Page 63 - West End

Previous page (Volume 13, Page 62) Previous page (Volume 13, Page 62) Next page (Volume 13, Page 65) Next page (Volume 13, Page 65)

Situated some 4 miles north east of Southampton. The village of West End comprises mostly residential development. The ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1840 out of the parish of South Stoneham and the parish church of St James was built about this time, and later re-built to a design by Blomfield in 1890. The civil parish of West End was constituted in 1894 from the parish of Stoneham including the tithings of Allington and Shamblehurst.

Please use "Next page" to see Hampshire Treasures entries for West End.

Previous page (Volume 13, Page 62) Previous page (Volume 13, Page 62) Next page (Volume 13, Page 65) Next page (Volume 13, Page 65)