Councillor Rob Humby, Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment, said: “These essential works have been carefully planned and are weather dependent. I would like to reassure local residents that we will do all we can to minimise disturbance and disruption.
“Looking after Hampshire’s extensive road network is one of our top concerns. Our planned maintenance programme, Operation Resilience, is a long-term strategy designed to ensure Hampshire’s highways network is more resilient to the impact of heavy traffic and severe weather. The programme sees additional investment each year, using a variety of treatments to extend the life of highway infrastructure while at the same time getting the best value for money for Hampshire’s council taxpayers.”
Night works will take place on Otterbourne Hill from 17 February until 16 March between 8 pm and 6 am. During the works, Otterbourne Hill will be closed from its junction with Winchester Road to its junction with Kiln Lane, with a signed diversion in place. The road will be open as usual during the day and at weekends.
These works will include:
• Drainage improvements, due to start on Monday 17th February for five nights;
• Carriageway resurfacing works, due to start from Monday 9th March for five nights;
• Road marking and lining works, to be carried out on Monday 16th March for one night.
Budds Lane / Greatbridge Road, Romsey
In Romsey, Hampshire Highways teams will be carrying out drainage improvement works on Budds Lane, from and including the junction with Greatbridge Road.
• The works on Budds Lane are due to start on 8 February and will take place over three consecutive weekends. It will be necessary to temporarily close the road to vehicles between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The road will be open outside of these times at weekends, and at all times during weekdays.
• The works on Greatbridge Road are due to start on 10 February for five days. The road will remain open but for safety reasons reduced to one lane controlled by temporary traffic lights. These will be in place on Budds Lane and Greatbridge Road, between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm during this time.
Residents who require further information about these works are asked to call 0300 555 1388.