The Serving Hampshire Balancing the Budget consultation was open from Wednesday 5 June 2019 to Wednesday 17 July 2019.
The consultation sought feedback on ways the County Council could contribute towards balancing its budget. It asked for views on the following options, as well as any alternatives that people wished to propose:
- introducing and increasing charges for some services;
- lobbying central Government to make legislative changes;
- generating additional income;
- using the County Council's reserves;
- reducing and changing services*;
- increasing Council Tax;
- changing local government arrangements in Hampshire
There were 4,501 responses to the consultation Response Form, with 931 unstructured responses also received within the consultation period.
The findings report is available below. Consultation feedback will help to inform the approach that the County Council takes to balance its budget up to 2021/22.Consultation Findings Report
*Any changes to specific services will be subject to further, more detailed consultation. Information on live consultations can be accessed via the County Council’s consultation webpage.
Transformation to 2021 savings proposals relating to this consultation were discussed at full council on 7 November 2019. Further information.