Set your business apart
Show customers you’re a business they can trust with the Trading Standards stamp of approval.
Why should you apply?
- To reassure customers your business is legal, honest and fair
- Outstanding value: membership from £21 per month
- Our Trading Standards accreditation provides customer confidence
What are the key benefits?
- A website listing that promotes your business
- Use of the Buy With Confidence logo on your stationery, website, vehicles, etc.
- Legal advice and assistance from Trading Standards
- Marketing materials and customer feedback service
How do I apply?
You will need to provide some basic information about your business and the name of the member referring you.
If you want to speak to a member of the team before you complete your application, telephone 01962 833620.
What happens next?
To become a Buy With Confidence member, a business must apply first**, then pass a set of tailored background checks. These checks include a complaints history review, financial checks and customer references. The business will also be met by a qualified Trading Standards professional who will assess compliance with consumer protection legislation, and who can advise on improving customer service, if required. Those working in and around people’s homes will be required to provide a basic level criminal record check.
Once all the scheme requirements are met, a business will be offered Buy With Confidence membership and approved by Trading Standards. All members are then monitored to ensure they continue to meet the conditions of the scheme.
*Terms and conditions
- The new member’s discount will be applied to your first year’s membership.
- The new business must not have been a Buy With Confidence member within the last two years.
- The closing date for new applications is 31st January 2019.
- Buy With Confidence reserves the right to end the campaign, postpone it, refine it or continue with it for any set period of time.
- Offer only applicable to businesses based in the following local authority areas: Hampshire County Council, Southampton City Council, Portsmouth City Council, Buckinghamshire County Council, Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council, Kent County Council, West Berkshire Council, Reading Borough Council or Slough Borough Council.
- This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
**An application fee is payable. This starts at £150.00 (inc. VAT) for businesses with 1-5 employees.