Place-making through collaborative planning
We can help you to bring people together, either in a community space or in an online workshop setting, to look at the ‘bigger picture’ of your whole site, from biodiversity and local context to people's use and enjoyment of your open spaces.
With a shared understanding of all the opportunities and challenges of the site, and a shared ‘place-making’ vision in place, you can start to build a long-term and sustainable strategy or masterplan for your whole site.
Building local interest and ownership through early engagement and ‘place-making’ helps to resolve challenges and enables successful planning and project design.
Investing in our open spaces is a key deliverable in our five-year strategy for the Parish, and engaging with stakeholders as part of this was a worthwhile investment.
What we offer
- 2.5 hour interactive workshops for 30-40 stakeholders led by an experienced facilitator who is also a landscape architect
- an illustrated workshop report
- a final handover meeting with suggestions for moving your strategy forward and planning design projects
Cost on applicationA not-for-profit service
Benefits to you
- a bespoke and client-led service where you choose the invitees and the spaces you want to review
- a wide range of local stakeholders can work together in a friendly, informal setting
- an important first step in reducing your carbon footprint and becoming a more sustainable community
- good communications and working relationships are established early on
- long-term goals and vision can be developed and shared, leading to a clearer strategy for change
- the workshop report is a vital planning aid for future development and a valuable fund-raising tool