Sale of poisons

Trading Standards no longer has any involvement in the enforcement of the new legislation covering these products.

Members of the public who want to acquire or import certain chemicals must have a valid Explosives Precursors and Poisons (EPP) licence issued by the Home Office.

If your business currently sells poisons please see the Licensing for home users of poisons and explosive precursors document.

Guidance for retailers selling poisons and explosives precursors in a shop