Vapour recovery

This advice is designed to provide basic guidance to traders. It is not a complete or authoritative statement of the law. Please note that some of the advice we provide to businesses is chargeable.


Hampshire County Council (on behalf of the Hampshire District Councils) undertakes all work relating to the application, variation, transferring and revocation of vapour recovery permits.

In certain situations a fee of £75 is payable to wholly transfer a vapour recovery permit to a new site operator.

If you have any queries relating to vapour recovery you can contact the Petroleum Team on 01962 833651 or complete the online contact form:


Application to vary a permit for a Part B service station to add PVR Stage II

Application to transfer a permit

Application for a permit