Purpose of the partnership
- Reduce the general supply of alcohol to under 18s in particular proxy purchasing and to raise awareness of the dangers associated with this
- Raise awareness and educate parents and young people of the consequences and risk associated with drinking alcohol irresponsibly
- Develop a responsible retailing partner ethos in the CAP area for both Off and On trade members
- Reduce and maintain low levels of alcohol related incidents by both adults and young people eg violent crime, anti-social behaviour, criminal damage and litter
- Increase NEET (Not in Education Employment or Training) referrals through pilot and therefore reduce the risk of involvement in alcohol related crime in this area
- To operate an effective partnership
About Hayling Island
Hayling Island has 16 Off licences; 13 On licences (Public houses) plus holiday camps and hotels.
Hayling Island is to the south of Havant, with the main transport link being one road onto the island. Hayling Island has the second highest population in the Borough of Havant – 17,000. It is primary a residential area with 5 schools, of which one is a secondary.