About our support for the Armed Forces Community in Hampshire
Our aim is to improve the prosperity of service personnel, their families, veterans and reservists
Our support is underpinned by the Armed Forces Covenant and Civilian Military Partnership.
Research and studies help us to understand the significant economic impact that the Armed Forces Community makes.
Military Economic Assessment
The Armed Forces and defence related industry in Hampshire and Oxfordshire makes up a large part of our economies. Both the MOD and local government face significant changes to spending, employment and property.
The MOD, Hampshire and Oxfordshire County Councils commissioned a report: The Economic Significance of Military Activity in Oxfordshire and the Hampshire Economic Area. For further information please see the Overview paper and Technical report.
- £4 Billion to support Britain's modern forces and their families
- UK Armed Forces Families' strategy 2016 - 2020
- Veterans strategy
- Armed Forces Covenant Annual Report
- MoD Defence People Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- MoD Defence Transition Service (DTS)
- Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committees (VAPC)
- Forces Connect South East (FCSE)
- Armed Forces Domestic Abuse - support
- Armed Forces Covenant e-learning
Health and welfare
Map of military bases
For information about which councils serve the various military bases, please see our map of military bases in Hampshire
You can also:
The 'Armed Forces Community' describes serving personnel in the Army, Navy, Royal Marines or Royal Air Force, including families, dependents, reservists and veterans.
A 'veteran' is defined as anyone who has served in the Armed Forces.