Bus Service Operators Grant
Aimed at improving passenger facilities and features to encourage passengers to make greater use of bus services
The Economy, Transport and Environment Department is providing a Bus Service Operators Grant. This will be aimed at improving passenger facilities and features to encourage passengers to make greater use of bus services.
- Grant Eligibility Criteria and Who can apply?
These grants are only available to operators of local bus services and those which operate a bus service under a section 22 permit, operating in Hampshire. To apply electronically you must have a valid email address, otherwise contact the team directly for a paper copy and the details are at the end of these notes.
- Who can't apply?
- Operators of bus services which do not operate in or serve the residents of or visitors to Hampshire.
- Voluntary organisations who operate services under a section 19 permit.
- What is funded?
New or improved facilities or equipment likely to encourage greater use of public bus services e.g.
- Contactless payments
- USB chargers
- Next stop announcements
- Real Time Information
Operators are expected to provide matched funding of at least 25%.Priority will be given to applications which have identified the following facilities/equipment as the primary consideration (please note these are in order of preference);
- contactless payments,
- a higher level of matched funding,
- serving a higher number of Hampshire residents and visitors
- offering earlier implementation dates
Grant monies awarded are expected to be used on services within Hampshire for a minimum of 6 years. If services cease or bus routes transfer to a new operator, the facilities/equipment will also be expected to transfer or a reimbursement of the grant funding awarded will be requested.
- What isn’t funded?
- The purchase of new vehicles
- Implementing new bus services
- Supporting existing bus services where the grant will be used to fund additional journeys or extended journeys
- When to apply?
Your application must be received by 31 December 2016.