Community transport grant
For voluntary and community organisations who provide a transport service to the wider community
These grants are for voluntary and community organisations who provide a transport service to the wider community
- When to apply
- For grants of £5,000 or over, you can apply between 1 April and 31 December.
- For all grants of £1,000 or under, your application must be received by 1 March
- Grant criteria and eligibility
Who can apply?
- Voluntary and community organisations who provide a transport service to the wider community
Who can't apply?
- Individuals are not eligible for grants under this scheme
- Organisations which operate outside of Hampshire
- Organisations which only provide transport to their own or specific activities
- Statutory organisations such as schools, parish councils and other local authorities
- Commercial organisations.
What is funded?
- A grant towards the purchase of a specific piece of transport related equipment
- A grant towards a transport related training session or event
- A grant towards exceptional one-off costs – such as major repairs to a minibus, where the bus is widely used by the local community but the organisation does not have funds to pay for the repair
- Other miscellaneous community transport projects or services not listed above but which benefit the wider community and improve local accessibility
What isn’t funded?
- Payments for providing trips to hospital for appointments or treatment
- A deficit on the operating costs of a minibus used for group hire (where the income is less than the expenditure)
- Projects or services which are not available to the wider community
- Voluntary Car Schemes or Good Neighbours Groups, please see the Voluntary Car Scheme grant funding stream.
- Contact us
Community Transport Team
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Elizabeth II Court West,
Winchester, SO23 8UD
Telephone 01962 846785
Email at email@example.com