Talented young people in sport
- About the grant
These grants are administered by Children’s Services Department.
This fund is made available by Hampshire County Council to ensure that young people are not denied the opportunity to participate at a representative level in sport through financial hardship. Each of the following criteria must be met before an application will be considered. In some cases, the decision may be made to target support directly, for example, paying club fees or meeting additional training costs directly. This grant is only accessible by residents of the administrative county of Hampshire.
- The young person is of school/sixth form college age
- The person with parental responsibility is resident in Hampshire
- Generally, the young person is involved in competitive sport at above district level and, in the view of the relevant school sports association and governing body of sport, has the attitude and ability to progress
- The application is supported by the school, county coach or county team manager or the relevant school sports association
- The award is for a specific purpose, e.g. travel to training or to take part in a particular event or for extra coaching
- The application will be strengthened if it is accompanied by documentary evidence confirming the receipt of Income Support or Working Families Tax Credit or similar
- Awards will be made at the discretion of Hampshire County Council and will be dependent on funds being available
- Application Process
Organisations/groups applying for a grant must complete the grant application form, preferably using the electronic application process.
- What happens next?
Your request will be passed to an officer of the County Council to consider the appropriateness of the grant application. Subject to this being satisfactory, a decision will be made. Applicants are usually advised of the decision within 2 weeks of the decision and, if successful, asked to accept, sign and return the terms and conditions page. Payment of the grant will be made shortly after receipt of this.
- Contact us
Children's Services Grant Officer
Telephone 01962 876343