Who can apply

We are able to work with:

  • Parish and town councils*, with priority given to those in rural areas
  • Landowners
  • Other organisations (such as charities, volunteer/community groups)

* A parish or town council can carry out improvements under its own legal powers to maintain rights of way (Highways Act 1980). These powers apply to footpaths, bridleways and restricted byways but do not apply to byways open to all traffic.