1. To introduce No Loading/Unloading at Any Time in the following length of road:
(a) Above Bar Street, both sides, From its junction with New Road and Civic Centre Road northwards to 10m north of its junction with Commercial Road (excluding the existing loading bay outside of 130 to 136 Above Bar Street)
(b) Bugle Street, both sides, From its junction with Town Quay northwards for 20m
2. To introduce no waiting at any time restrictions in Bugle Street, east side, from 33m north of its junction with Town Quay northwards for 10m (in place of Pay & Display parking bays).
3. To amend the following Loading Bays to Goods Vehicle Loading Only Bays, Max Stay 30 minutes:
(a) Above Bar Street outside 130 to 136 Above Bar Street
(b) John Street outside 33 to 34 Oxford Street
(c) Park Walk outside of 144 to 152 Above Bar Street (both)
(d) Terminus Terrace outside Royal Mail House (part time taxi rank)
4. To introduce 'no waiting 5.30am to 11.30pm' restrictions in High Street, west side, From 32m south of West Street southwards for 28m (no stopping except taxis 11.30pm – 5.30am will remain).
5. To remove the 'no loading at any time 'restrictions in Guildhall Square and Guildhall Forecourt.
6. To amend the pay and display parking bay charges in John Street, Latimer Street, Oxford Street and Terminus Terrace to Outer Zone (Green) tariff (currently Inner Zone tariff).
7. To introduce pay and display parking bays (Inner tariff) in Regent Street, east side, From 10m south of its junction with Ogle Road southwards for 15.5m.
8. To remove all Zone A parking permit restrictions (pay and display restrictions will remain) and to replace Zone A Parking Permits with a new "Outer Zone Anytime Season Ticket" (holders will be permitted to park in Outer Zone (Green) and (Grey) tariff Parking Bays).
9. To update the traffic order to align with the Goods Vehicle Loading Bay restriction as marked on street, in Terminus Terrace (southern section).
10. To prohibit engine idling whilst parked within the City Centre Pay and Display Zone (as signed).
Copies of the draft Order, relevant map and statement of reasons for proposing may be inspected during normal working hours at Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY. Further information may also be obtained from the Highways division on 023 8079 8021.
Any person wishing to object to the Order must write to the Highways Legal Team at Southampton City Council, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY or email Traffic.Orders.Legal@southampton.gov.uk quoting the Order Title you are objecting to and stating the grounds for objection, within 21 days of the date of this Notice (i.e. by 6th December 2019)
Dated: 15th November 2019
Richard Ivory, Solicitor
Service Director: Legal and Governance
Southampton and Fareham Legal Services Partnership
Contact:Highways Legal Team at Southampton City Council, Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY or email Traffic.Orders.Legal@southampton.gov.uk
Email: 02380 79 8065