NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Eastleigh Borough Council pursuant to arrangements with Hampshire County Council has made the above mentioned Traffic Regulation Order in exercise of the powers of the said County Council under Sections 1, 2, 4 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the Act") and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Act, and of all other enabling powers, and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the Act.
The effect of the Order will be to:
1. Introduce "No waiting at any time" restrictions in the following roads: Allbrook Hill north-west side from the boundary of Nos 29 and 33 north-eastwards for 30 metres, Stoneham Lane east side from 140 metres south of its junction with Highwood Avenue southwards to the boundary with Southampton City, west side from 150 metres south of its junction with Highwood Avenue southwards to the boundary with Southampton City, Grantham Road south side from the western boundary of No 9 westwards for 2 metres (in place of "permit holder only" parking place), and from 14 to 16 metres west of the boundary between nos 7 and 9 (in place of Parking places for 2 hours or permit holders), Arnold Road north-west side from 10 to 17 metres north-east of Mansbridge Road (in place of "permit holder only" parking place)
2. Introduce "Parking for 2 hours, no return within 2 hours or permit holders Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm" restriction in the following road: Mansbridge Road north side from 10 to 15 metres north-west of Arnold Road (in place of "no waiting at any time" restriction);
3. Introduce a maximum of six Disabled Persons Parking bays in the following roads: Albert Road, Barrington Close, Beaulieu Road, Blenheim Road, Browsholme Close, Chestnut Avenue, Consort Road, Cox Row, Curlew Square, Devon Drive, Drum Road, Essex Green, Falcon Square, Falkland Road, Great Farm Road, Greenfinch Close, Haddon Drive, High Street, Kent Road, Launceston Drive, Leigh Road, Lewes Close, Linnet Square, Magpie Lane, Market Street, Maypole Villas, Mottisfont Road, Nightingale Avenue, Oxburgh Close, St John's Road, Selborne Drive, Somerset Crescent, Sparrow Square, Surrey Road, Sussex Road, Swift Close, The Quadrangle, Twyford Road, Victoria Road, Westfield Crescent, Westfield Road, Whyteways, Wiltshire Road, Woodpecker Way;
4. Introduce a maximum of six Disabled Persons Parking bays Monday-Saturday 8.00am – 6.00pm in the following road: Wells Place;
5. Introduce a maximum of twelve Disabled Persons Parking bays in the following roads: Belmont Road, Cornwall Road.
Please note that the proposed waiting restrictions in Chestnut Close and Nursery Gardens have been withdrawn, and decisions on the proposed waiting restrictions in Crestwood View and revocation of the "prohibition of driving" restrictions in Chestnut Close, Nursery Gardens/The Oaklands/The Croft have been deferred.
The Order will come into operation on 19 July 2021. A copy of the Order may be inspected at my office at the Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh during normal office hours or on the Council's website: www.eastleigh.gov.uk/TRO
Any persons wishing to question the validity of this Order or any provisions contained in it on the grounds that any requirement of the Act, or any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with in relation to the Order, may within six weeks from 14 July 2021 apply to the High Court for this purpose.
DATED: 16 July 2021 (For further information, please call 023 8068 8000 or email email@example.com )
Head of Legal Services, Eastleigh Borough Council, Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh, SO50 9YN
Contact:Head of Legal Services 02380 688000