1. Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 19(1) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006, that Hampshire County Council intends to make a prescribed alteration to NORTH BADDESLEY INFANT SCHOOL, Botley Road, North Baddesley, Southampton, SO52 9EE (category of school – Community) with effect from 1 January 2022.
2. The PAN for the school is currently 90. It is proposed that the age range for the school is lowered to enable nursery children aged from 2 years to attend. The governing body of the school is seeking to lower the school age range to 2-year-olds and directly manage a new early years' facility as part of the school. Children attending the nursery will still be required to apply for their place in Year R through the usual admission arrangements.
3. The current capacity of the school is 270 and will be unaffected by the proposal. The current number of pupils registered at the school is 250. The current admission number for the school is 90 and is not affected by the school taking on the nursery which will be a separate capacity of 40 on the implementation of this proposal. There are no costs associated with this proposal.
4. Notice is an extract from the complete proposal. Copies of the complete proposal may be obtained from Martin Shefferd, Strategic Development Officer, Children's Services Department, EII Court North, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG; telephone 0370 779 4892; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Martin Shefferd, Strategic Development Officer, Children's Services Department, EII Court North, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG; telephone 0370 779 4892; e-mail: email@example.com