NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Eastleigh Borough Council pursuant to arrangements with Hampshire County Council has made the above mentioned Traffic Regulation Order in exercise of the powers of the said County Council under Sections 1, 2, 4 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the Act") and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Act, and of all other enabling powers, and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the Act.
The effect of the Order will be to:
1. Introduce "No waiting at any time" restrictions in the following roads: Access Road between 7 & 9 Bedford Close, west side from its junction with Bedford Close for 7.5 metres (back edge of footpath), east side from its junction with Bedford Close for 9 metres (back edge of footpath); Bader Close both sides from its junction with Westward Road for 7.5 metres in a north-easterly direction; Bedford Close north- west side from a point in line with the northern building line of no 7 to 6.5 metres north-east of the access road to garage area between no's 7 & 9 Bedford Close, east side from its junction with Sovereign Drive for a distance of 38.5 metres north and north-east; Berry Close both sides from its junction with Crusader Road for 14.5 metres in a westerly direction, south & east side from a point 65 metres west of its junction with Sovereign Drive for 22.5 metres, south & west side from a point opposite the common boundary of nos. 26/27 and 28/29 for 18.5 metres, south, west & north sides from the western edge of the parking layby o/s 17–19 to a point 3 metres west of the common boundary of nos. 6 and 7. A distance of 53.5 metres; Crusader Road both sides from its junction with Sovereign Drive for 19 metres in a southerly direction, west side from a point 14 metres north of its junction with Berry Close to a point 10 metres south of its junction with Berry Close; Goodlands Vale, both sides from its junction with Turnpike Way for 10 metres in a north-westerly direction; Harris Avenue both sides from its junction with Westward Road for 10 metres in a north-easterly direction; Hemdean Gardens both sides from its junction with Upper New Road for 9.5 metres in a westerly direction; Simmons Close both sides from its junction with Westward Road for 10 metres in a south-westerly direction; Turnpike Way north-west side from 11.5 metres south-west to 7 metres north-east of Goodlands Vale; Upper New Road west side from 15 metres south to 15.5 metres north of Hemdean Gardens; West Road west side from its junction with Upper Northam Drive for the entire road length in a northerly direction, north side for the entire width of the road at end of road, east side from its junction with Upper Northam Road in a northerly direction for a distance of 12.5 metres; Westward Road north-east side from 13 metres north-west to 13 metres south-east of Harris Avenue, south-west side from 11 metres north-west to 11 metres south-east of Simmons Close, north-east side from 15.5 metres north-west to 12 metres south-east of Bader Close
2. Remove "No Waiting at any time restrictions in the following roads: Crusader Road both sides from its junction with Sovereign Drive southwards for a distance of 10 metres; West Road both sides from its junction with Upper Northam Road in a northerly direction for a distance of 12.5 metres.
3. Introduce "Waiting limited to 30 mins no return within 1 hour 8am – 8pm all days in Botley Road (one way service road) south-west side in the easternmost three echelon parking bays located in the first layby area and the tenth, eleventh and twelfth parking bays in the second layby area (or thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth bays from the easternmost end of the first layby).
4. Introduce "No waiting 8am-9am and 3pm–4pm, Monday–Friday in Bedford Close east side from a point 17 metres north of its junction with Sovereign Drive northwards to a point in line with the common boundary of no's 31 and 32
5. Introduce a maximum of six Disabled Persons parking places in the following roads:
The Order will come into operation on 12 August 2022 . A copy of the Order may be inspected at my office at the Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh during normal office hours or on the Council's website: www.eastleigh.gov.uk/TRO
Any persons wishing to question the validity of this Order or any provisions contained in it on the grounds that any requirement of the Act, or any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with in relation to the Order, may within six weeks from 29 July 2022 apply to the High Court for this purpose.
DATED: 5 August 2022 (For further information, please call 023 8068 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Helen Devereux, Legal Services Manager (email@example.com)