2. The enlargement and relocation of Cornerstone CE (Aided) Primary School was proposed in order to meet the demand from the new housing development for North Whiteley. The start on site for this development has been delayed and the proposal is to now enlarge and relocate the primary school with effect from 1 September 2021.
3. The current capacity of Cornerstone C of E (Aided) Primary School is for 210 pupils. The current number of pupils registered at the school is 161. The relocation and enlargement of accommodation will be provided with effect from 1 September 2021. From that date the school will have a total capacity for 630 pupils. The current admission number for the school is 30 and this will increase to 90, in phases, on the implementation of this proposal.
4. The estimated cost for this building project is £12.2 million which demonstrates good value for money to meet the demand for current and future basic school need places in the local area in permanent accommodation.
5. The County Council is required by the School Organisation (Prescribed Alterations to Aided Schools) (England) Regulations 2013 to formally publish modification proposals where it does not intend to proceed with a previously approved proposal.
6. Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Martin Shefferd, Strategic Development Officer, Children's Services Department, EII Court North, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG; telephone 01962 845746; e-mail: email@example.com