2. Notice is also given that Hampshire County Council intends to expand The Key Education Centre, Tukes Avenue, Bridgemary, PO13 0SG. This will be through the utilisation of Woodlands Education Centre site and buildings with effect from 1 September 2019.
3. Woodlands Education Centre currently provide places for pupils aged between 11 and 16 who have been permanently excluded from school, and those who have been diagnosed as being too emotionally vulnerable or medically unwell to attend school. Similarly, The Key Education Centre currently provide for pupils aged between 11 and 16 who have been permanently excluded from school, and those who have been diagnosed as being too emotionally vulnerable or medically unwell to attend school. It is proposed that The Key Education Centre will accommodate all the pupils currently on roll at Woodlands Education Centre across two sites following the closure of Woodlands Education Centre.
4. The closure of Woodlands Education Centre is being proposed because there is a pressing need to commission places in alternative provision in Havant that meet the needs of pupils far more effectively than is currently the case.
5. Woodlands Education Centre was inspected by the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) in 2014 and 2016 and on both occasions was judged as "Requires Improvement (RI)". Despite further support from the Local Authority to try and bring a rapid improvement, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education (HMI) undertook a monitoring visit in July 2018 to look at the progress the centre had made in addressing the key improvement areas identified in the report. They judged that the centre was not on track to be judged good at the next full inspection.
6. Following an assessment of options available to the Local Authority to improve provision for pupils in the Havant area, it was felt that the Woodlands Education Centre should close and The Key Education Centre in Gosport be expanded to run the provision needed using the buildings currently housing Woodlands. The Key Education Centre is classed as "good" by Ofsted.
7. Places will be available for all pupils affected by the closure of Woodlands Education Centre as The Key Education Centre will manage the provision using the Woodlands Education Centre site and buildings.
8. Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object to or make comments on the proposals by sending them to Glenn Parkinson, Strategic Development Officer, Children's Services Department, Elizabeth II Court, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8UG (email:firstname.lastname@example.org)