Money and debt

Money advice

If you are struggling with bills or worried about debt, you don’t need to struggle alone.

You can find information and services to support you with cost of living and money worries from Connect to Support Hampshire. You can also get financial help and advice from your local Citizens Advice office.

If you are receiving mental health crisis treatment, and struggling with problem debt, support is available from The ‘Breathing Space’ scheme.

Tax, benefits and housing

If you are on a low income or claim benefits, you could be eligible for a Council Tax reduction. You can apply whether you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working.

District and borough councils can support vulnerable households with exceptional housing costs, where existing housing support schemes do not meet need and for cases of genuine emergency.

Read more on connect4communities.