Excellent trainers, supportive, informative, challenging and friendly
Enjoyable yet challenging experience. That pushes you individually and as a team. Definitely the best DofE yet, I had so much fun
Challenging, good fun and definitely worth it
Go for it! You will be in good hands
Everything was perfect! Up to date, flexible, achievable, hard work and challenging. Really well organized. Thank you!
Practice and Assessed. Saturday 24 to Friday 30 July 2021 - South Downs.
Price - £285 - SOLD OUT
23 to 29 August 2021 Price - £285 (includes camping) - NEW DATE
23 to 29 October 2021 Price - £285 (includes camping)
11 to 17 April 2022 Price - £285 (includes camping)
25 to 31 July 2022 Price - £285 (includes camping)
DofE Expedition Kit List and Itinerary
The DofE Expedition Kit List is your essential checklist when preparing the kit you need for your DofE expedition. Hampshire Outdoors will provide tents, stoves, pans, gas, maps and compasses.
As you will be providing your own food for the duration of the expeditions see the eating on your expedition resource.
- Meet and greet, get to know each other and get into our expedition teams
- With your instructor you will find a suitable pitch and put up tents
- Your instructor will go conduct a kit and bag check. Making sure you are fully prepared
- With your instructor, you will plan your expedition route
- For dinner you can cook on stoves or head into Winchester for dinner. Staff will be on hand to ensure everyone has a full belly ready for the start of the expedition the following day
- After dinner, you will head to the classroom for a group briefing on the Countryside Code, First Aid and Emergency procedures
- Meet your assessor who will give you a detailed expedition briefing and agree assessment route meet locations
Practice Day 1
- Winchester to East Meon – 29km - Total ascent 635.14m
Practice Day 2
- East Meon to Cocking – 30km – Total ascent 848m
Assessed Day 1
- Cocking to Washington – 30km – Total ascent 667m
Assessed Day 2
- Washington to Pyecome – 24km – Total ascent 664m
Assessed Day 3
- Pyecome to Southease – 25km – Total ascent 540m
Assessed Day 4 (Final Day!)
- Southease to Eastbourne Pier – 26km – Total ascent 700m
- Debrief with your assessor
- Wave goodbye to your team and head home
How to book your place
- If you want to sign up you must be over the age of 16 and enrolled onto the Gold DofE Award.
- Book online
- Or drop us an email if you have any further questions.