Become a Duke of Edinburgh's Award volunteer
- Arrange a meeting with your DofE Advisor
Find a centre near to you from our list: Open Award Centres
Contact the Hampshire DofE office who will pass on your details to the Open Award Centre co-ordinator.
The centre co-ordinator will arrange to chat through the role with you and you maybe invited to visit the centre.
If both you and the centre co-ordinator wish to proceed with the volunteering recruitment then you’ll be contacted to meet with a DofE Advisor.
- Meet with your DofE Advisor
When you meet with your DofE Advisor, you should bring:
- ID for verification
- a UK passport to prove residency
- a completed Volunteer Registration form
- a completed Health Declaration form
- your Hampshire County Council Enhanced CRB/DBS Disclosure (dated within the last 3 years)
I do not have a UK passport
If you do not hold a valid UK passport for any reason, contact the Hampshire DofE office to discuss.
I do not have a valid CRB/DBS Disclosure
If you do not have a Hampshire County Council Enhanced CRB/DBS Disclosure dated within the last 3 years:
- contact the Hampshire DofE office to initiate an online DBS check
- complete the online DBS check form
- Send evidence and course applications
- DofE online induction letter and evidence
- your application to the Introduction to the DofE course
- your application to the Hampshire County Council Safeguarding Training course
- Receive your confirmation welcome pack
Once your DBS checks are complete, your forms are processed by the Hampshire County Council DofE office. DBS and medical clearance takes approximately 3 weeks, dependent on references.
After your checks and forms are processed, you will receive your confirmation welcome pack.
- Attend training courses
- Introduction to the DofE course
- Hampshire County Council Safeguarding Training course (if required)
You are now a Hampshire County Council Duke of Edinburgh's Award Leader.