This is an opportunity to undergo the year end process in a supported environment and is ONLY suitable for centrally hosted SIMS schools - delegates will be accessing and setting up the year end using 'live' school data.
Part day course
Primary school staff responsible for preparing the SIMS system for the new academic year.
Hampshire IT eLearn eTeach
A working knowledge of SIMS and the data and permissions required to complete the Year End promotion process. Delegates will need to know new staff, staff leaver details, inset dates (if known), next year's pastoral structure, etc. At one short stage during the training session delegates will need to ensure they are the only people accessing their school's SIMS system.
Participants will learn how to
Manage the SIMS academic year end process with confidence and support using 'live' school data.
Course content and methodology
- Creating the new academic year using real school data
- Preliminary work surrounding promotion of year groups.
- Recording leavers - staff and students
- Housekeeping routines.
- Extracting information to help manage the academic year-end process.
- Creating Common Transfer Files (CTF's).
- Setting up registration groups, admitting new pupils and producing new class lists.
Other booking information
Schools attending must be users of the centrally hosted SIMS service and will need to bring their CHS login and password. Delegates will be working through the census notes on the live data.
This course is guaranteed
Telephone: 01962 718 600
Course provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College.