SIMS Interventions is a system within SIMS to record and track under-performing students, allocate additional resources and monitor how those resources affect Key Performance Indicators.
Interventions allows schools to outcomes against cost as well as against impact.
One day course
This course is aimed at staff responsible for the set up and maintenance of interventions within SIMS including Data Manager, SENCO and Administrative Staff. Delegates should have knowledge of the interventions policy in use within their establishment and a basic understanding of SIMS.
Course content and methodology
- define interventions, capture and understand basic cost information
- set up when the intervention will take place, who will run it and allocate students to the intervention
- add an intervention to an individual student
- record whether an intervention has been effective for an individual student or groups of students
- record a target for an individual student
- view/edit all outcomes of all interventions
- record whether an intervention has been effective
analyse intervention information in an Assessment Marksheet and the Programme of Study tracking
- create analysis reports through the reporting dictionary as evidence of which students have which interventions and which interventions are most effective
- enhance Discover to pull through information on the interventions being run in the school
- create reports in Report Design to identify which interventions are most effective
- analyse interventions data graphically using SIMS Discover
Telephone: 01962 718 600
Course provided by Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College.