Support and advice
We offer a fast, reliable, and friendly support service to governors, headteachers and clerks
- Contacting us is easy if you have a query
Our phone lines are open:
- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
- Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
We also answer queries by email or by personal appointment.
- Keeping you updated
We publish a magazine, 'Hampshire Governor', twice a year which has a variety of articles of interest to governors.
We also produce a newsletter every term which highlights changes in good practice, legislation and guidance. It also includes a list of recommended agenda items for each term.
- Password protected website
Our website offers a one stop shop information and advice service which is available to our subscribers 24/7. It holds a comprehensive databank of policies, documents and guidance linked to national regulations.
There is a ‘what’s new?’ area and a specialist area for clerks and Development and Training Governors.
There are a growing number of e-learning programmes available to our subscribers at no additional cost. These allow governors to access training at a time and location of their choosing, and can help governors to handle crisis situations effectively. Some examples:
- understanding teachers pay
- reconstitution guidance
- dealing with pay appeals
- dealing with child protection matters
- complaints handling
- governors' disciplinary committee
- governor hearings on staffing matters
- parents as governors: getting it right
- staff as governors: getting it right