As part of this duty, Skills and Participation promotes British Values, which are a fundamental part of our curriculum.
British Values are embedded into our literature and resources, and are actively promoted to our learners through classroom activity. The five key British values are:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
These are an essential part of our Skills and Participations Charter, created by us so that we can continue to encourage equality and diversity.
- Groups encouraged to become self-supporting
- Consultation of community partners and learners on course content, delivery and timings
- Learners well informed about safeguarding and how to express concerns
- Encourage learners to learn from each other about different cultures
- Learners well informed about equality and diversity and their rights and responsibilities
- Tutors challenge discriminatory, offensive and extremist views
- Promotion of wellbeing through learning
- Encouraging critical thinking to challenge prejudice and assumptions
- Warm and welcoming learning environment where diversity is encouraged and respected
- Tutors are trained in safeguarding and Prevent awareness
If you have concerns about an individual becoming radicalised, or are worried about a change in their behaviour and there is no immediate threat please go to this website Prevent | Hampshire County Council where you can make a referral by downloading and completing the Prevent National Referral form, emailing it to the address on the form.
There is information on the website on alternative methods of reporting.
If there is an immediate threat call 999 without delay.