First Traineeship information for referrers and employers
Improving confidence and preparing young people for work
The First Traineeship programme offers a young person a community project and support with English and maths. It uses engaging and interesting activities related to the workplace.
The young person will develop employability skills and they will work towards a Level 1 Award in Job Search & Interview Skills. This qualification has been developed in partnership with Reed Employment Agency. It will help to prepare young people for work.
- Hampshire County Council’s Work Experience programme
- 16 – 18 year olds or up to 24 years on 31st August 2016 if the young person has an Educational Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- GCSE grade E or below in English & maths (non-GCSE qualifications considered on individual basis)
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learn and motivated to work
- Programme information
Spring term: 6 March – 29 July (closing date 27th January 2017)
- English and maths which are seen as crucial employability skills
- Focused period of induction and work preparation, covering areas like CV writing, interview preparation, job search and inter-personal skills
- Employability qualification (Level 1 Award in Job Search & Interview Skills)
- Team building & volunteer project
- Personal development
- Preparation for Traineeship Plus
Autumn term: October - January
Weeks Days/Hours GLH Content 6 3 days x 5 hours 90 Induction
Intensive Maths and English
Enrichment activities including Food Hygiene, First Aid and other specialist/flexible options
2 3 days x 5 hours 30 Two week work experience/teamwork project 12 3 days x 5 hours 180 Functional skills qualifications delivered through half day sessions
- Traineeship bursaries
Young people may be able to access support with travel and meal costs, depending on their individual circumstances.
To find out more and refer a young person on either of these programmes please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or help them complete an application form: