Supported internships are designed for young people who really want to move into employment
The Supported Internship Plus flexible programme aims to prepare you for the world of work, developing and using appropriate behaviours for work, improving maths and English and helping you learn skills for independence. Supported Internships aim to support you to move into paid employment at the end of the programme.
- The Supported Internship Plus Programme
Over 36 weeks you will:
- Complete a 4 week induction including: confidence and team building, health and wellbeing, equality and diversity and health and safety
- Work towards improving English and maths through engaging activities relevant to the work place throughout the programme
- Learn skills for independence and develop employability and workplace skills
- Complete a high quality workplace internship (up to 4 days a week), fulfilling a real business need, supported by a specialist Job Coach
- All you need to apply
- Motivation to learn and develop your skills in English, maths and employability
- To be aged 16-24 years old
- An Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- What we give you
- Workplace internship in varied sectors, dependent on your interests; such as Customer Service, Business Administration, Catering and Retail
- Weekly bursary and help with meal costs for trainees in select circumstances
- Support from a specialist Job Coach both in work and as a contact
- Where Supported Internship Plus can take me
Completing the Supported Internship Plus programme can open many options to you such as:
- full time jobs
- further education
- Start your application now
We start the programme in Autumn, although applications are accepted all year round and will be considered for the next available start.
The deadline for consideration for our Autumn programme is 31 July 2020.
To apply for our next available programme, request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01962 846193