The resources include artefacts, books, DVDs, posters, teaching packs, reference materials, CD-ROMs and topic boxes. The RE Centre also produces a wide range of Living Difference related resources available to purchase.
RE Centre services
- Loan service from library of books.
- Loan of DVDs, posters and artefacts.
- Artefact loan boxes and advice on using artefacts.
- Up-to-date collection of published reference material, especially books, posters and packs.
- Materials to support literacy, eg: storybooks, big books.
- Purchase of resources to support teaching according to the Agreed Syllabus, including picture packs.
- Materials to support social and religious cohesion.
- A telephone reference point for advice about issues concerning RE.
- Advice about local and national contacts, including speakers and places of worship to visit.
- Venue for workshops for teachers to visit and plan their work.
What do schools say about the County RE Centre?
OfSTED were particularly impressed with the range of artefacts and visual material we use in RE and commented on the very effective support we receive from the RE Centre.
A wonderful range of resources to support topics – teachers/subject leaders need to be encouraged to visit the Centre for themselves at least once to raise awareness of how topics can be supported by your materials.
Opening timesThe RE Centre is open during term-time at the following times:
Monday and Thursday: 9.30am to 5pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.30am to 2.30pm
ContactPhone 01962 863134
County RE Centre