School Designated Safeguarding Leads will soon be able to securely access children’s safeguarding data for their school more easily through a new, free online service, known as the Schools Child Portal.
By using the Portal, Designated Safeguarding Leads will be able to check if a child on the school’s roll has an allocated Social or Support Worker. They will also be able to find and contact Hampshire County Council Children’s social care workers more easily and quickly to discuss welfare and safeguarding matters. The Portal will also offer links to online forms for raising non-urgent concerns.
- Accurate, up-to-date information, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Visibility of whether a child currently has a case open with HCC Children’s Services
- Contact details for the allocated Social Worker or Support Worker for urgent concerns/updates
- Links to web-forms to raise referrals for non-urgent concerns/updates
- Greatly reduces the need to call and spend time on the phone
- Easy-to-use search facility
- Safe and secure access to safeguarding contact information
- Free of charge
The Schools Child Portal is being made available to schools with HPSN2 data connections (full service and DSL) on Monday 25 February 2019.
Sign up for Schools Child Portal
1. If you wish to request access to the Child Portal the Headteacher should refer to the Information Sharing Framework and read, sign and return the operational agreement. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Information Sharing Framework (for reference)
- Signatory form for the Information the Information Sharing Agreement: (Headteacher e-signature is acceptable or print, sign, scan & email/post)
2. Electronic e-signature version of the operational agreement GDPR - Please email both the signed operational agreement and the signatory form for the Information Sharing Agreement (from point 1) to the Children’s Services Data Protection team email@example.com
Print version of the operational agreement GDPR - Please print, fill in, sign and return the signed operational agreement and the signatory form for the Information Sharing Agreement (from point 1) using the internal courier to:
Children’s Services Data Protection Team,
Children’s Services Department,
3rd Floor, Elizabeth II Court North,
How to use Schools Child Portal
- We will inform you when the Portal has been made live for your school
- When the Portal is live the Headteacher instructs the EAMW Administrator to set up access to the Portal for the Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead(s) in the school (Education Account Management Website (EAMW) guidance which has been updated)
- When the Portal is live, Headteachers and Designated Safeguarding Leads should use the Portal as appropriate accessing it at schoolschildportal.hants.gov.uk
Please see YouTube video How to use Schools Child Portal
We can provide advice and consultancy on a range of IT solutions and can attend governor’s meetings, staff briefings and parent’s evenings as required. Please click below to find out the best way to get in touch.Contact us