We apply the highest levels of safety and security possible without impeding user experience in order to protect the online safety and security for schools, school’s data, school staff and students.
Our products and services align to the DfE guidance on Keeping Children Safe in Education.
For further advice for parents, carers, young people and professionals within schools please visit the Hampshire County Council Online Safety guidance pages.
Schools should consider nominating an online safety lead and thought should be given to the following areas relating to online safety:
Online safety considerations
- Online safety training for all school staff
- A comprehensive online safety curriculum delivered to all pupils
- Parental engagement around online safety practices
- Understanding of the implications of the data protection act in the context of online safety
- A secure internet service with appropriate firewall and web-filtering controls
- Policy/guidance relating to passwords for all users
- Policy/guidance relating to acceptable use of IT systems (including internet and email) for all staff and pupils
- Policy/guidance relating to the use of social media
- Policy/guidance relating to the use of personal devices, including mobile phones
- Policy/guidance relating to the use of images, cameras and devices with cameras
- Encrypted hard drives for school devices
- Two factor-authentication for remote access
- Network monitoring products