A creature of imagination whose bottle body is filled with freshly boiled blood
A creature of imagination whose bottle body is filled with freshly boiled blood! Can your grumble be kept alive? Insulation, heat, shelter, thermometers, loggits.
- Programme of study
Pupils should be taught:
- that some materials are better thermal insulators than others (Sc2 3, 1b)
- that temperature is a measure of how hot or cold a material is (Sc2 3, 2c)
- Learning objective
- Measure temperature using a thermometer
- Compare the success of various materials as thermal insulators
- Nests are constructed in the woodland using natural materials
- Model grumbles (bottles of warm water) are hidden in their nests and their temperature taken at set intervals
- In the summer, insulation against over heating is an alternative using an ice cube creature!
Questions to elicit knowledge and understanding
Which grumble stayed the warmest and why?