Talented Young People in Sport Grant
This grant ensures that young people are not denied opportunities to take part at a representative level in sport due to financial hardship.
- Who can apply
Applications are considered based on the following:
- The young person is of school or sixth form college age
- The person with parental responsibility is a Hampshire resident
- The young person is involved in competitive sport above district level
- The school sports association and sport governing body believes the young person has the attitude and ability to progress
- The sport is on the Energise Me website. If your sport is not listed, contact Karen Andrews on 01962 876218
- The school, county coach/team manager or school sports association supports the application
- The award is for a specific purpose, such as travel to training, taking part in a particular event or extra coaching. The award is not to buy equipment or clothing
- The applicant's personal circumstances show a need for financial support
Awards are made at the discretion of Hampshire County Council, dependent on funds being available.
In some cases, the decision may be to target financial support by paying club fees or meeting extra training costs.
- When to apply
Applications are considered three times during a financial year. Applications must be received by:
- Friday 28 May 2021 for June payments
- Friday 22 October 2021 for November payments
- Friday 18 February 2022 for March payments
- How to apply
Organisations or groups applying for a grant must complete a grant application form. You can apply for the grant online:
For help completing your application, please see the supporting notes for the Talented Young People in Sport grant
To request a paper application, phone 01962 876219.
- What happens next?
- Your request will be passed to a Hampshire County Council officer
- Subject to the application satisfying the requirements, the officer will make a decision
- The applicants is normally advised within 2 weeks of the decision being made
- If successful, the applicant will be asked to accept, sign and return the terms and conditions
- Payment of the grant will be made soon after the signed terms and conditions have been received.
- Contact details
For more information, or help with your application, contact:
Programme Officer (PE and School Sport)
Outdoor Education, PE and DofE Service
Phone: 01962 876219