If you need somewhere to stay or to speak to someone about housing
Members of our team can also provide you with general housing advice based on your situation, if you are not immediately homeless or at risk of being homeless.
If you are homeless or think you are at risk of being homeless, you can phone 0300 555 1384 for help.
If you need to speak to someone urgently out of normal office hours, phone 0300 555 1373.
- How we can help
Hampshire County Council can provide you with emergency accommodation for two weeks if you:
- are between 16 and 17 years old
- are homeless or
- at risk of being homeless
Legally, “homelessness” means:
- you have nowhere to live in the UK or anywhere else in the world
- you cannot stay in your home because of violence or threats of violence
- you have nowhere you can live together with your family, or anyone else who lives with you (for example, your children, partner or a carer)
- you do not have permission to stay where you are (for example, you are a squatter)
- you have been locked out of your home and not allowed back
- your home is a boat, mobile home or caravan and there is nowhere you are allowed to put it
- you have somewhere to live but it is not reasonable for you to stay there. This may be because of violence, abuse, harassment or threats; overcrowding or very bad conditions; or because you cannot afford it
- Talking to someone about your situation
Over the two weeks a member of our specialist staff will talk to you about your situation.
They will help you to work out a plan to help you return to your immediate, extended family or previous placement, and work with them as a mediator to establish the best way forward.
You will also have to be assessed by Childrens’ Services and they may offer to take you into ‘care’ if you wish.
- Accommodation we provide
The accommodation we provide you with is shared, with communal facilities.
Our staff will make sure that you:
- have toiletries
- that suitable basic furniture and bedding is available
- you have access to kitchen and bathroom facilities
- know of local services where you can buy food and toiletries as well
Specialist members of staff will be available at the accommodation 24 hours a day, seven days a week for any issues or questions you may have.
- Where the accommodation will be
We will try and make sure we get you emergency accommodation nearest to your local contacts, but this may not always be possible.