Apprenticeships at Hampshire County Council
- What is an apprenticeship
Apprenticeships are a mixture of on-the-job and off-the-job training for young people and adults 16 and over.
- On-the-job, you will gain key skills like working in teams, problem-solving, communication and using new technology
- Off-the-job, you will spend time working towards a recognised apprenticeship framework
- Length of an apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship with Hampshire County Council will be for a least 12 months. During that time you will be fully supported by your manager. They will ensure that you progress in your studies and develop the skills necessary for your job.
- Salary and leave
Typically, a starting salary for an apprentice at Hampshire County Council is £13,615 per annum. This varies depending on the role. You also receive a holiday allowance and some expenses.
- Types of opportunity
We provide a number of apprenticeships that could help you work towards a professional and rewarding career. We offer hands on training, supported learning and at the end of your apprenticeship you will have gained nationally recognised qualifications. Apprenticeships are available in many different industries. This could lead you towards:
- a higher level apprenticeship
- higher education
- skilled employment and further training
- Apprenticeship levels
There are three apprenticeship levels:
- intermediate apprenticeship (Level 2) - equivalent to five good GCSEs
- advanced apprenticeship (Level 3) - equivalent to two A Levels
- higher apprenticeship (Level 4) - equivalent to a degree
- Earn while you learn
During study days away from your job, you will spend time working towards a recognised apprenticeship framework. Watch our video of apprentices at Manor Farm for more information.
- How to apply
- Check our Hampshire County Council jobs website, (you can sign up for job alerts), or
- Search the National Apprenticeship Service website for vacancies and apply online
If you can’t find an opportunity right now, you can join our Youth Talent Bank.
Tell us what type of roles and opportunities you are interested in. We can then contact you if an opportunity comes up in the future that we think you might like.