If you are employed in any capacity with any fire and rescue authority covered by the Firefighters' Pension Scheme (FPS), New Firefighters' Pension Scheme (NFPS) or as a fire civilian covered by the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), you must:

  • inform your new employer that you are receiving a FPS or NFPS pension and
  • write to Pension Services including your salary, grade and hours, and of any subsequent change

Such employment may affect the amount of your pension.

Your pension could be overpaid if you do not notify Pension Services of your re-employment. If this happens, the overpayment will be recovered from your future pension payments.