Transfer your pension

Transferring to another Fire & Rescue Authority

If you transfer to another Fire & Rescue Authority and remain a member of the Fire Pension Scheme, then your pension will transfer with you.

You should notify your employer where you are moving to and inform your new employer that you have previous pension rights with Hampshire Pension Services.

Transferring to another pension scheme

You can transfer your fire pension to another registered pension scheme as long as it is not a scheme that offers the draw-down of flexible benefits, this includes personal pensions such as a Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP)

If you wish to investigate the possibility of a transfer, you should contact your new pension provider in the first instance.