The Hampshire Pension Fund Panel and Board is responsible for both the management and scrutiny of the operation of the Hampshire Pension Fund. Hampshire is one of only two Local Government Pension Funds to have been granted permission to have a joint Panel and Board, which means that scheme member and employer representatives sit alongside County Councillors on the committee and participate in full in the governance and decision making of the Pension Fund.
The Panel and Board meets at least six times a year in Winchester and has a full training programme, including external and internal sessions to support the members of the committee in their roles. As the active member representative, you would be expected to attend all meetings and will be paid a special responsibility allowance (currently £703 per annum). Your travel expenses for attending meetings and training events will also be met by the Pension Fund.
For more details on the Pension Fund and the Panel and Board, please see the Fund’s Annual Report.
The active member representative role is open to all active members of the Pension Fund (i.e. members currently contributing to the Pension Fund) but unfortunately not employees of Hampshire County Council who are not able to take roles on Council committees. If you would like to apply for the role, please email email@example.com with your contact details and a brief statement of no more than 500 words outlining how you meet the following criteria for selection.
- Able to represent all active scheme members
- Has the capacity to be a member of the Pension Fund Panel and Board
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to work as part of a group
- Good analytical skills, an aptitude for taking on new information and a commitment to continuous personal development
- Highly numerate, ideally with a background in the financial sector
- An awareness of pension fund and investment issues
- Has no conflict of interest in holding or having held a senior post at the Administering Authority (Hampshire County Council) or a role in administering the pension fund, currently or in the last 5 years.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 12 January 2020.
Applications will need to be able to attend a short interview in Winchester on either Friday 24 January or Monday 27 January 2020. Shortlisted applicants will be notified in advance with the full details of the interview arrangements.