To report the death of a scheme member or pensioner please telephone us on 01962 845588 as soon as possible.
We will ask you:
- The name of the member or pensioner
- Their date of death
- Their National Insurance number or pension reference number
- If relevant, the name of the member’s surviving partner and any dependent children
- The name of the informant or the person dealing with the estate, their relationship to the deceased person
- Name, address and telephone number of the person we should write to
What happens next?
We will write to the contact address given to ask about anything else we need to know. We will ask for a copy of the death certificate (a clear photocopy is acceptable), and other certificates we may need (for example, a marriage certificate).
If the deceased person was a pensioner:
- The pension payments will be stopped as soon possible
- If any pension has been overpaid, this will need to be reclaimed, please contact us for further details
When we write to you, we will tell you if any death benefits are payable. If appropriate, we will send forms for the claim of partner's and dependants' pensions.