The Hampshire Pension Fund Panel and Board is responsible for both the management and scrutiny of the operation of the Hampshire Pension Fund. Hampshire is one of only two Local Government Pension Funds to have been granted Secretary of State approval to have a Joint Panel and Board. This means that the scheme members (including active contributing members, deferred members and pensioners) and employer representatives, sit alongside County Councillors on the committee and participate in full in the governance and decision making of the Pension Fund.
The Panel and Board meets at least seven times a year in Winchester and has a full training programme, including internal events in Winchester and the opportunity to attend external events (usually in London), to support the members of the committee in their roles. Scheme member representatives (such as the Pensioner representative) will receive a special responsibility allowance of £689 per annum and travel expenses for attending meetings and training events will be met by the Pension Fund.
For more details on the Pension Fund and the Panel and Board please see the Fund’s Annual Report.
If you are a pensioner of the Hampshire Pension Fund and would like to apply for the role please email email@example.com with your contact details and a brief statement (of no more than 500 words) outlining how you meet the following criteria for selection:
- Able to represent all pensioner members
- Have the capacity to be a member of the Pension Fund Panel and Board
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to work as part of a group
- Good analytical skills, an aptitude for taking on new information and a commitment to continuous personal development
- Highly numerate, ideally with a background in the Financial Sector
- An awareness of pension funds and investment issues
- No conflicts of interest of having held a senior management post at the Administering Authority, or a role in administering the Pension Fund in the last 5 years.
The deadline for applications is 13 May 2019.
Applicants will need to be able to attend a short interview in Winchester on the afternoon of 13 June 2019, shortlisted applicants will be notified in advance with the full details of the interview arrangements.