Changes to my circumstances

If you change any of your personal details, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible. The easiest and most secure way to do this is through our Member Portal portal where you can change:

  • your address, name or marital status,
  • the bank/building society account details where your pension is paid,
  • your 'expression of wish' for payment of a death grant.

You will also be able to view your payslip and P60.

To register or login to the Member Portal, see here: Member Portal.

If you cannot access our Member Portal, then you can still write to us - see below.

To change your name or address

If you cannot access our Member Portal, you can notify us in writing of any changes to your name or address. Please:

  • quote your National Insurance number on all correspondence,
  • for changes of name, please send a clear copy of the relevant certificate (e.g. marriage certificate, change of name by deed poll),
  • post it to Pension Services.

To change your bank details

If you change your bank account or building society, please:

Alternatively, you can notify us in writing of any changes to your bank account or building society. Please include:

  • your National Insurance number,
  • details of your new account (do check these carefully as an error can delay your payments),
  • your signature.

Note: we may not be able to apply any new details we receive after the 18th of the month to the next payment, but we will apply them to the one after that.

To change my beneficiaries

To change your nomination for any death grant payable, please complete a Death Grant expression of wish form.

To nominate a cohabiting partner to receive any partner's pension payable, please complete a Nominated cohabiting partner form.


If you are divorced or about to divorce and need information about divorce, a cash equivalent transfer value or pension sharing see the divorce page.