Pensioner overview

LGPS pensions are usually paid monthly, directly into your bank account, and are taxable.

Pensions are usually paid monthly in arrears, however some older members are paid in advance.

We do not send you a payslip every month. However, we will always send a payslip before the April and May payments are made each year. We will also send you a payslip if your net pension changes by £1 or more.

You should keep all payslips that we send you as they provide you with important information about your pension, and you may need to show them to third parties (for example, to claim housing benefit).

You will get a P60 after the end of each tax year, showing you the amount of pension paid and tax deducted during the year.

If you have any tax queries, you should contact HM Revenue and Customs.

If you change any of your personal details, let us know as soon as possible. The easiest way to do this is through our Member Portal where you can change:

  • your address, name or marital status,
  • the bank/building society account details where your pension is paid,
  • your 'expression of wish' for payment of a death grant,

and also view your:

  • payslips and P60's,
  • annual benefit statements,
  • tax code changes.

Alternatively, you can write to us at:

Hampshire Pension Services
The Castle
SO22 8UB

Please include your National Insurance number in all correspondence.


Information if you are divorced or about to become divorced. The page has information about divorce, a cash equivalent transfer value or pension sharing.