Our service provides support for schools responding to appeals that are made against the refusal of admission to the school.
- Supply of a fully-trained appeal panel and clerk at appeal hearing
- Production of appeals related paperwork
- Initial letter and final letter before appeal
- Complete service on day of appeal
- Decision letters and final paperwork produced by a clerk
- Secure file storage of appeals paperwork
- Provision of specialist legal advice to the panel, charged at a pro rata rate
- Booking of venue
Benefits to schools
- A comprehensive service in accordance with the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (SSFA), Education Regulations and School Admission Appeals Code.
- Under the SSFA, admission authorities have a duty formally to appoint panel members to hear their appeals, advertise for panel members every three years, arrange training for members, and indemnify against any reasonable costs. The Appeals Service has already carried out most of these duties on schools' behalf, fulfilling this requirement whilst preventing unnecessary expense for what may be occasional appeals.
- We have a large pool of experienced panel members and clerks.