Our aim is to support sustainable improvement in the outcomes and quality of provision in every school. Focused professional learning is a proven strategy to get the very best from every member of staff so that they have impact on every child’s achievement. It is our intention to provide you with a wide range of opportunities to work with us and realise that potential impact.
Our professional learning programmes are designed to challenge and support all leaders and teaching or support staff, and at every stage in their career development, to build their capabilities, confidence and resilience. Our highly skilled practitioners have the appropriate experience and skills to make a difference when staff are preparing for the challenges of a new role, taking those positive first steps or looking to enhance their experience by digging deeper.
Subscription to the HTLC service level agreement gives an entitlement to a discount of up to 20% against the full booking price of most courses.
Our professional learning offers are developed in response to what schools need through analysis and co-construction with you, allowing flexibility for schools to choose from a wide range of opportunities:
- The universal offer: training and development opportunities linked to key aspects of leadership and management, teaching and learning, curriculum and assessment
- The targeted offer: tailored professional learning events made available in response to urgent strategic priorities
- The bespoke offer: a wide range of specifically designed professional learning events that can be used in house with an individual school or group of schools
We tailor our training to meet the needs of staff at different stages in their professional development, offering programmes for leadership, teaching and learning, support staff roles and Special Educational Needs (SEND).
An overview of typical services available is detailed below:
Leadership and management consultancy
Advice and support for senior leadership teams and individuals, in relation to developing leadership and management skills, knowledge, qualities and behaviours, effective performance review, succession planning and strategies for building leadership capacity including recruitment and retention. Support is also available to governing bodies in partnership with Hampshire Governor Services.
Continuing professional development consultancy
Advice and support for individuals, teams and whole staff groups in all aspects of professional development, including training needs analysis. Areas include all aspects of the curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment and meeting the needs of all pupils.
Support staff management and professional consultancy
Advice and support for senior leadership teams, line managers, groups and individuals in relation to the management of support staff. This may include current research concerning support staff, qualification frameworks, progression routes, performance management and advice on the deployment and development of staff.
Benefits to schools
- The training we provide is intended to make a difference to the children and young people whose achievements matter to us. It draws upon current and best practice in schools and research based thinking
- Highly skilled and experienced practitioners, drawing upon successful prior achievements and a detailed and current in–depth understanding of local and national developments
- We have a proven track record, delivering to over 23,000 delegates annually
- We have strong working relationships with local and national partners, including local Headteacher, subject leader and support staff forums, universities, teaching schools and other local authorities
- You can have a high degree of confidence when investing your time into our universal and targeted offers. We can create bespoke training in schools to meet your specific needs
County Education Manager, Professional Learning
- Phone: 01962 874820
See our training offers
For support booking courses:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01962 718600
To access our prices for schools, contact us using the details above.