Achieving the best educational outcomes for your school depends on your ability to attract, retain and manage talented teachers and school support staff. We understand that your staff are your most valuable asset and the key resource in delivering the best educational experience for every child.
As the HR consultants of choice for over 750 schools in and around Hampshire and Oxfordshire, and with over 20 years experience, we have the in-depth knowledge and expertise required to ensure your school receives the best HR support.
As part of our customer charter, you will receive access to a named HR consultant, who will provide practical, risk assessed options ensuring all your staff requirements and legal obligations are met. We also offer you unlimited access to our designated telephone helpline for those times when you need advice right away.
I have always been very impressed with the service from EPS. Consultants are knowledgeable and quick to return calls, and the Manual of Personnel practice has saved many hours of research and policy writing. Thoroughly recommended.
- Telephone helpline: Unlimited access available Monday to Friday, operated by experienced HR consultants for general queries and advice
- Online information: Access to the EPS Manual of Personnel Practice, which provides essential employment guidance, model policies and procedures
- Employee relations: Casework advice and support for staff performance and attendance issues, including capability, disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management and ill health
- Recruitment: Access to our Education Jobs website for advertising job vacancies, and an optional administration support service for headship, deputy headship and other appointments
- Pay and conditions: Advice on the interpretation, development and implementation of national and local terms, conditions and pay for support staff
- Newly qualified teachers: Advice on the management of statutory induction and provision of Appropriate Body responsibilities
- Workforce organisation: Advice and support with managing changes including reorganisations, reductions and the application of TUPE
- Training: Standardised and bespoke training solutions to increase the skills and knowledge of managers and governors
- School transformation: Advice and support on the academy conversion process and the offer of a service which continues to meet your needs
- Newsletter: Provision of our Headlines publication which keeps you up to date with the latest HR developments impacting on the education and children's sector
Benefits to schools
- Personalised service from named consultants who work with your school so that advice can be tailored to your specific situation
- Experienced helpdesk staff ensuring you have direct access to extensive expertise when you need it
- An options based approach where we provide you with a range of risk assessed options which enable you to make a fully informed choice about how to manage and resolve issues
- Agreement of overall time frames and specific response times, which are decided on a case by case basis to ensure your service expectations and needs are met
- Our extensive experience and proven track record, with our wide-education customer base, built over the past 20 years
- Our established network for customer consultation, which ensures that our policies keep you legally compliant and remain practical, working for you on a day-to-day basis
- Regular review of our services which ensures that they are relevant to your requirements and achieve the highest standards