Are there underused or overgrown areas which could work harder for your children's learning and play? Are there access challenges with vehicles and pedestrians at the start and end of the day? Perhaps you're motivated by Ofsted comments about Early Years outdoors?
If you feel your school grounds are full of untapped potential, we can help. Our award winning service supports primary, secondary and special schools to develop their grounds for teaching and learning, socialising and play.
We encourage you to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and consider the whole site. Our workshop approach brings the whole school into the conversation, inviting contributions from the leadership team and governors, teaching and support staff, parents, pupils and community representatives. Together we can help you to test, explore and evolve ideas for future site development.
With the help of the team we created a clear strategy for our whole site. Once underused outdoor spaces have now been creatively rejuvenated to enhance education and opportunity for all our children in an innovative and exciting way.
- An initial meeting at the school to discuss your specific requirements
- A planning meeting with a core group to arrange the workshops
- Two interactive workshops for around 30 stakeholders, led by our experienced facilitators
- A report recording the workshop activities and thinking, including an illustrated, emerging strategy plan
- A handover meeting with the school to finalise the report and to discuss next steps
Benefits to schools
- Engaging with the whole school community to gain a deeper understanding of their ambition for the school grounds
- Developing a shared vision for the long-term development of the whole site
- Using your illustrated strategy plan
- Gaining a vital planning tool for potential future development (informing the design brief for landscape architects, for example)
- Making a start towards gaining safe and attractive outdoor spaces that support curriculum-based learning and play